We are in the midst of an obesity epidemic with more than 108 million Americans overweight or obese.
One way to reduce and even slow this epidemin is to make people aware of the risks of being overweight or obese.
A healthy natural weight loss option that which will provide a lifetime of results is your best program. Set realistic goals and don't expect to lose a ton of weight in a short time.
Here are the top ten tips on how you can lose those unwanted pounds the healthy way:
- Do not starve your self . . . The key to a healthier way of losing weight is actually, not to diet. You may seem happy and feel that you are losing those unwanted flabs on your belly and thighs by skipping meals. But remember that this would not last long. Your body cannot tolerate having insufficient food to fuel the energy that you use up everyday.
- Start your day right . . . Mothers have always said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Trust your mom and have a healthy meal in the morning to jump-start your metabolism.
- Eat small, healthy meals frequently . . . Five small-serving snacks per day is better than three hearty meals. Eating more frequently, and in small servings will increase your metabolism and make calories burn faster.
- Decide on how much weight you want to lose . . . it is virtually impossible for you to lose 40 pounds in 2 weeks. Have a mindset that you want to eat healthy to stay healthy for the rest of your life.
- Drink lots of cold water . . . Your body needs enough water to burn fat and keep you hydrated and healthy. Cold water is certainly a negative calorie food. It contains no calories at all and the body has to expend energy to bring it up to blood temperature. So every time we drink a glass of cold water we burn up a couple of calories and lose a little weight.
- Watch your fat intake . . . Fat is not the reason you're overweight. You need it to keep your weight at the proper level.
There is such a thing as healthy fats. Olive and peanuts have them. Tuna, salmon and mackerel have omega-3 fats which are good for the heart.
- And uh oh - Exercise . . . Leave your car if you are only going a few blocks from home, take the stairs instead of the elevator, jog, cycle or skate. Use these activites and other home chores if you prefer not to go to the gym and take exercise classes.
Make sure that you do this regularly and you will not even notice that you are already shedding pounds with these simple activities.
- Include at least two servings of vegetables at lunch and dinner. If you are still hungry, you can always have more. Plus . . . vegies make a healthy snack betweeen meals.
- Eat slowly . . . The body is slow to register when you are full and it is easy to eat too much if you are racing through your meals.
- Choose food that you can chew. Again this will increase your fiber intake, and the act of chewing will make you feel more satisfied too. This means eating fruit instead of drinking juice.
Super Bonus Tip: Neu-Slim - Doctor Recommended Supplement To Aid In Weight Loss!
Neu-Slimô is recommended for use as a nutritional supplement along with a balanced diet for weight loss, diet maintenance, overeating and limiting appetite.
Neu-Slimô is an amino acid, vitamin and mineral formulation designed to aid in correcting stress based deficiencies that cause a shortage of serotonin and the storage of fat. Neu-Slimô is recommended for use as a nutritional aid for weight loss, diet maintenance and overeating.
Through its unique formulation, Neu-Slimô provides the nutritional building blocks to help restore brain chemical balance that controls overeating, carbohydrate cravings and stimulates fat metabolism.